– 4 slices whole wheat bread
– ¼ cup butter, softened
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons cinnamon
– ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Place a wire rack on top of a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the slices of bread on the wire rack. Place in the oven and toast until slightly brown, flipping halfway.
- Remove from the oven and spread ¼ of the cinnamon butter on each slice of toast. Turn oven to broil and broil the toast until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from the oven, cut and serve.
Simple, delicious, and the perfect way to start the day. Have you ever made toast like this cinnamon-butter kind before?